The lure of all-natural ingredients (plus the convenience of skipping a doctor’s visit) is hard to resist. Many people try food and other items to treat the appearance and discomfort of varicose veins. But this begs the question: Do these home remedies for varicose veins actually work?
Are Varicose Vein Home Remedies Safe?
Apple Cider Vinegar
Combine DIY Varicose Vein Remedies with Lifestyle Changes
These vein remedies will bring relief, but you need to commit to some lifestyle changes to prevent other varicose veins issues. The only way to improve the function and appearance of your veins is from the inside. Combine your vein care remedies with the following lifestyle adjustments:
- Don’t sit or stand for long periods. If your work demands so, take breaks after every 30 minutes. Change your position, walk a little, stretch or stand for a while. Just don’t be in the same position for long periods of time.
- Don’t sit with crossed legs or crossed ankles.
- Keep your legs elevated even when you lie down or sleep. Stack a few pillows to rest your feet on.
- Exercise regularly. Cardiovascular exercises and strength training are beneficial for your vein health. Walking also improves your blood circulation.
- Lose weight. Being overweight is one of the major causes of varicose veins.
- Eat a balanced diet. Include more fiber in your meals. Fruits and vegetables high in antioxidants are good for you and your blood circulation.
Skip the Trial & Error and Opt for Vein Treatment